- 1 package (4 cups) good quality vegetable broth (or 4 cups of water flavored with buillon powder, but this is less recommended).
- About 2 packages of frozen peas (I used 2x12 oz package, so total of 24 oz or about 700 grams, but you can play with the exact amount).
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional, and a bit of oil if you are using it).
- Salt and pepper to season.
- To serve: sour cream/creme fraiche, croutons (all optional)
1. In a medium pot, saute the onion in a bit of oil until softened (if you are using the onion). Add the broth (if you aren't using the onion, just put the broth directly in the pot). Heat to a boil.
2. Add the peas into hot broth and cook for about 10 minutes, until the peas are mushy.
3. Using a stick blender (better option) or a food processor/regular blender, carefully puree the soup until it is completely smooth and green, without chunks of pea or onion in it. Reheat the pureed soup. I like the soup quite dense, but you can add broth or water to adjust the consistency to one you like. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve the soup hot. I like to serve it with a dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream and some croutons, but of course this is up to you.