This recipe is from that book (with slight modifications), and it's a lovely spring recipe, fresh and delicious.
Pasta with Spinach, Peas and Goat Cheese
Ingredients (for 4-6 portions):
- 500 grams/1 lb pasta
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 100 g (a couple of large handfuls) of snow peas (mangetout), edges trimmed
- 250 grams (about equivalent to one bag) fresh spinach, shredded or sliced
- 250 grams (8 oz) peas. If you use fresh, precook them. If you use frozen, defrost them.
- 400 grams (14 oz) soft goat cheese (crumble it if it's in one chunk)
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- finely chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the pasta per the instructions on the package until al-dente. Drain, place back in the pot and drizzle with half of the olive oil, mixing well, to prevent sticking.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and add the snow peas. Stir fry until they are softened (but not wilted). This should take about 2 minutes. Add the shredded spinach and continue stir frying for another minute or two, until the spinach wilts somewhat. Add the peas.
3. Add the pasta to the pan (or you can add the vegetables to the pasta pot, whichever is more convenient for you), and place over medium-low heat. Add the goat's cheese and stir so that the cheese coats the pasta and the vegetables are mixed in. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Garnish with grated parmesan and fresh parsley.